Tuesday 18 June 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation- New Formula Review

Hello lovelies! Happy Tuesday! Any of you who are die hard fans of Estee Lauder DoubleWear Foundation will know that the formula has changed. The shade range has also changed as 10 new shades have been added, so now there is a whopping 30 shades, problem is, customers are finding that their regular go to shades have altered, making them darker,pinker or orange.
Estee Lauder say they haven't changed the formula, just added more colours to the range!! You can't pull the wool over our eyes! The formula has clearly changed, its nothing like the original DW if anything its similar to DW Light. The texture is much more fluid, not nearly as much coverage and does not hold back shine as well as the original did.
I've been trialing out a ten day sample in the shade Tawny 3w1, I used to wear Sand!



Estee Lauder DoubleWear Stay in place makeup
non stop wear- even through heat and humidity,comfortable, oil free, oil controlling, 15hr staying power, medium, buildable, SPF 10, natural semi matte finish.

Having had the old formula, I noticed the change straight away. Some may welcome the new change, others not so much. I personally found the old formula to be more oil controlling.
The original formula was thicker in consistency and dried to a matte finish on the skin. I never had oil break through with this, never had to blot once.
The new formula's blendability is great and it feels light on the skin but it has a very dewy effect for me. It does not stay matte at all which was the whole purpose of this foundation.
 
 



 
  
ELDW Original Formula - CONS
  
  • Thick consistency, dried quickly so had to work fast to blend                     
  • Tendency to look cakey/chalky if over applied
  • Caused white cast in photographs
                                         
                                          PROS
 
  • Full coverage, covered acne and scars perfectly
  • Oil control, never had a shiny nose
  • Long lasting, stayed put from morning till night
  • Transfer resistant, never rubbed off on clothes or phone

ELDW New Formula - CONS

  • Medium coverage
  • Minimal oil control, I'm shiny by 11am
  • Changes to original shades
  • Transferred while talking on my phone

                                    PROS

  • Easy to blend into the skin
  • Soft focus effect
  • Photographs beautifully
  • Looks natural and fresh
  • Does not get cakey
  • Feels comfortable, like you're wearing nothing on your skin
  • Easy to remove


So, whats the verdict I hear you say? Well, its a beautiful foundation, I like the way it feels and looks on my skin, I only wish it controlled oil like its predecessor. Needless to say I will be purchasing a full sized bottle.
 
 
What do you think??
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by
 
BlondeTeaParty x

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in its original formula for a while now and really like it. Except for the cakey feeling after a few hours. But having some imperfections on my face, it covered everything up perfectly. I don't know if I will be trying this one out. The fact that the coverage isn't as full and that it doesn't do oil-control as well as the original freaks me out a little. I'll let you know whether I dive in or chicken out :).
    I've found this really cool website though, http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation. It helps you pick your foundation and the shade you need. It's really helpful you should check it out.
    Hope you like it :).

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy, I wasn't sure if you got my reply or not? I hope you did.
      Thank you for reading my post and commenting I really appriciate it very much! :) I know what you mean about the cakey feeling!I have checked out that website and its brilliant!Thanks for sharing it with me!It makes make-up shopping so much easier!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello.
    Just wondering how do you know if youve purchased the new or the old formula?
    I got a sample of the cashew 3w2 and loved it and I went on to purchase it but not sure if the sample they gave me was the old formula and the bottle Ipurchased is the new formula?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Well the new formula is quite liquidy and blends super easily.
      The old formula is no way as easy to spread/blend. I'm pretty sure by now they would have pulled
      the old formula off the shelves. Also check the colour range on the website because those have changed so if your bottle has a matching shade its new! Hope I'm making sense!

      Delete
    2. Hi... the old formula container has white letters on... the new formula has black letters on

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your review! I got a sample of original in Sand and love it!
    When I went to the counter and bought Sand, I got new sand T^T.
    So sad, the colors are extremely different!!!

    Please, suggest the color of new formula for the one who use original-Sand like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for reading my review! It is a shame when you can't match the right colour to the original. I wear Dawn 2w1 which is yellow based and a better tone than sand as it has more warmth. Do get a sample and see what you think :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to see that someone else has noticed the change in the formula. I've used Double Wear for years, so I immediately noticed that the coverage wasn't as good and that it doesn't control oil as well as the original formula did. I used to be able to go all day without reapplying my makeup, but I cannot do that with the new formula. It doesn't have the beautiful matte finish that it used to either. Can't fool me, Estee Lauder!!

    ReplyDelete