Estee Lauder say they haven't changed the formula, just added more colours to the range!! You can't pull the wool over our eyes! The formula has clearly changed, its nothing like the original DW if anything its similar to DW Light. The texture is much more fluid, not nearly as much coverage and does not hold back shine as well as the original did.
I've been trialing out a ten day sample in the shade Tawny 3w1, I used to wear Sand!
Estee Lauder DoubleWear Stay in place makeup
non stop wear- even through heat and humidity,comfortable, oil free, oil controlling, 15hr staying power, medium, buildable, SPF 10, natural semi matte finish.
Having had the old formula, I noticed the change straight away. Some may welcome the new change, others not so much. I personally found the old formula to be more oil controlling.
The original formula was thicker in consistency and dried to a matte finish on the skin. I never had oil break through with this, never had to blot once.
The new formula's blendability is great and it feels light on the skin but it has a very dewy effect for me. It does not stay matte at all which was the whole purpose of this foundation.
ELDW Original Formula - CONS
- Thick consistency, dried quickly so had to work fast to blend
- Tendency to look cakey/chalky if over applied
- Caused white cast in photographs
- Full coverage, covered acne and scars perfectly
- Oil control, never had a shiny nose
- Long lasting, stayed put from morning till night
- Transfer resistant, never rubbed off on clothes or phone
ELDW New Formula - CONS
- Medium coverage
- Minimal oil control, I'm shiny by 11am
- Changes to original shades
- Transferred while talking on my phone
- Easy to blend into the skin
- Soft focus effect
- Photographs beautifully
- Looks natural and fresh
- Does not get cakey
- Feels comfortable, like you're wearing nothing on your skin
- Easy to remove
So, whats the verdict I hear you say? Well, its a beautiful foundation, I like the way it feels and looks on my skin, I only wish it controlled oil like its predecessor. Needless to say I will be purchasing a full sized bottle.
What do you think??
Thanks so much for stopping by