Hello lovelies. This post is all about my favourite face powders ever! Being an oily skinned girl, powder is absolutely essential for me to keep my makeup from sliding off throughout the day. I have tried and tested so many powders throughout the years and I have come to the conclusion that these five are the best I've used so far. I will ofcourse never stop trying out new makeup but these will always be in my makeup arsenal. There are so many powders available now that all do different things from hydrating, illuminating, mattifying, invisible etc you just have to look at Hourglass Ambient lighting powders! There is a powder for each part of you face! you may want a moonlit glow one day and a candlelit glow the other. It all depends what you want to achieve with the look of your skin.
For me personally I like a smooth, soft focus, matte finish that will last all day.
Lets get this powder party started!
1. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder is the cheapest of the lot at just £3.99 it does exactly what is says on the tin! This powder is super soft and blendable, never cakey or chalky. This is my everyday go to powder. Great value and good quality for a drugstore brand.
2. Double Perfection Compact Natural Matte Powder Makeup which I think has now been reformulated and named Mat Lumiere - Luminous Matte Powder Makeup SPF 10. This retails at around £39 mega expensive but totally worth it. This has to be the smoothest, softest powder I have ever used. It airbrushes your skin to perfection. You can literally pile this on and it will never look cakey. It gives just beautiful soft and velvety matte skin. This is great if you prefer extra coverage over your foundation.
3. Bareminerals Mineral Veil is so finely milled its practically invisible! This is probably the most light weight finishing powder out there hence the name veil. It really is just like a veil of perfection. It instantly smoothes away pores like magic. Its so light you don't even feel it. I love this for the summertime when its baking outside and you want to have as little as possible on your face. Its great at holding back oil and keeping skin looking fresh.
4. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural this is a beautiful powder, it has coverage, its matte but not flat as its mineral based, it gives a really nice soft glow that isn't shiny. I love to use this when I want a bit more coverage or to warm up my skin. It feels light,silky smooth and no caking!
5. Last but not least Mac Prep and Prime loose powder- this powder is bright white when you look at it, but totally undetectable on the skin. Super light weight, blurrs pores and keeps skin matte. Mac has recently come out with a compact version which I'm desperate for. This is great if you don't like the feel or look of powder or you foundation is already heavy coverage and you don't want to add anything more to it but just want to keep it in place.
Do you have a powder that is Holy Grail status?